Went to see the famed Angkor Archaeological Park, north of Siem Reap, today. Full update to come.
Some things we noticed.
– People climbing on top of ruins to get that ‘one, special, must-have photo’ to prove they came to the temples.
– People climbing over roped off areas, to stand on ruins to get that ‘one, special, must-have photo’ to prove they came to the temples.
– People shouting/yelling at their friends in front of ‘no shouting/yelling’ signs.
– People blatantly littering.
– Girls not getting the memo about covering your shoulders and knees when entering the temples. Even when there are signs EVERYWHERE, each guesthouse/hotel mentions it before you go, guidebooks/the internet ask you to respect this, and yet, some people still ignore it. (Lionel even saw a runaway nipple on a girl who insisted on wearing a loose singlet with no bra).
Don’t be these guys. It’s not cool.